Test includes 4 cortisol readings, DHEA-S, and Cortisol/DHEA-S Ratio; This profile is used to evaluate the adrenal glands and hormone balance. In the event of adrenal exhaustion, underlying causes must be determined through additional lab testing and investigation into environmental and lifestyle factors; while also supporting the adrenals with nutritional protocols and lifestyle modifications. When the body is under chronic stress, pregnenolone, the precursor to all other steroidal hormones, is diverted to produce cortisol (known as pregnenolone steal or cortisol escape). This is to the detriment of all other steroidal hormones (such as DHEA and its metabolites, including progesterone, testosterone, and the estrogens). As pregnenolone is diverted to cortisol, DHEA depletion begins. The result is an elevated cortisol to DHEA ratio. A normal ratio is approximately 5:1 to 6:1.
***Important notes about lab kits for purchase above***
- We are unable to ship lab kits to PO boxes. Please use a residential address.
- Some lab providers fill out requisition forms ahead of time, with patient information. To avoid confusion when processing orders, if you are ordering lab kits for multiple people, we do request that you place a separate order for each person.
Please note: after you order a test kit, getting the lab draw and/or completing the test is your responsibility.
- It is also your responsibility to have the test interpreted by a qualified professional.
- Due to the fees we incur after a test kit is sent, we are unable to offer returns or exchanges on test kits.
- Once you have sent in your lab kit, the lab will send us test results which we will forward to you. Please contact email@example.com with questions.
There will be an additional shipping fee for International lab orders, which varies by location. Once your order is received, we will email you in regards to the additional cost, to be paid via Paypal invoice.